Saturday, October 6, 2007

Here we go!!

Check it out--we made CNN.com! http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/10/04/ethiopia.peacecorps.ap/

Staging in DC culminated tonight with a special event at the Ethiopian Embassy; the Ambassador, the Deputy Director of Peace Corps, and several other important folks came to wish us well. We all cleaned up in our best togs and enjoyed some excellent Ethiopian food and some inspiration from them and from returned volunteers. It feels really special to be a part of this first returning group. It's also a big responsibility, and I feel a tremendous sense of duty.

Staging has been a whirlwind. My brain is full! The other 42 trainees, however, are wonderful to a person, and I am incredibly lucky to be spending the next two years with these people.

More soon, from a medium-sized town outside of Addis Ababa, where we're set to train. We fly out tomorrow evening around 8:30 pm. It should be an adventure getting 43 people, each with 80lbs+ of luggage, to the airport!

5 comments:

Gwyneth said...

Good luck and good journey!

Anonymous said...

I miss you already, Anna!

Unknown said...

I am so excited and nervous for you! I send you safe wishes.

Unknown said...

I miss you Ansy! Be safe! Love love love!!!

S said...

I'm glad to hear that you are spreading the joy of frisbee throughout Ethiopia! ;) Miss you; love you**